Sunday, March 20, 2011

Chalkboards


      So I kind of have a thing for chalkboards right now. I don't know why, I just think they're kind of cool. Most of you have seen the chalkboard doors that I made for my pantry, and I recently purchased one for my dining room. I really wanted to make my own, but I also wanted it RIGHT NOW so I found one I liked and I bought it.  I thought it would be fun to post the dinner menu for parties, or write cool sayings on from time to time.

      However, this weekend I made a couple and I think they came out pretty well. One of them is already sold! I have a few more in the works, but none of them are picture worthy yet. They will be for sale at various prices, depending on the size and amount of work involved i.e. custom paint, distressing, adding hooks or other details. I think they will make great gifts for Mother's Day, birthdays-even wedding and housewarming gifts. They are perfect in any room-kitchens (for shopping or "to do" lists), dining rooms, kids rooms, even in the laundry room as a place to hang coats, etc. See what YOU think.......

1 comment:

Gingerbread House said...

You can't tell in this picture, but the white chalkboard has the COOLEST crackled paint-all original! I was going to put some really pretty paper on it and paint it a color, but I couldn't bring myself to cover it up.